3.06.2009

Wedding Invitations : Mychel & Connor

Mychel and Connor are having an intimate wedding at her father's home in the gorgeous Santa Ynez Valley. She sent me this information to describe her wedding.
The Oak Tree: I'm going with an oak tree theme because my venue has beautiful oaks all around and they symbolize continuous growth, strength, and wisdom. Our venue is in an area with many oak trees, so it will be carried out in nature as well.


We are having a "Spring Romance" theme. I'd like the mood to be soft and romantic. People should feel relaxed and happy. I'll try incorporate as many good smelling flowers as I can to really invoke that spring feel. Once dancing starts the theme is simply FUN!

Colors are Eggplant and Sage (green and purple). Accent colors will be ivory and gold.
She also sent me photos of these invitation suites as examples of trees that she liked.
{Source Unknown}

{Source Unknown}
{Source Unknown}

After a few technical difficulties with printing (lots of lessons learned with regards to digital printing and saturated colors), here is what I created for her.

DSC_3131
The invitation suite tied up with a gold ribbon

DSC_3134
Invitation

DSC_2212
Direction Card

DSC_3137
RSVP card

1 comment:

  1. lovely :) your design work is so nice!

    and dude, what is w/ the color sage this year? i know 3 or 4 brides w/ that color. i remember in 2006 it was light pink and chocolate brown and for some reason 2009, brides are all about some sage. haha

    - cies

    ReplyDelete

 
The Paper Stylist Diseñado por Wpdesigner y adaptado por Zona Cerebral